Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quote of the Day: Robert Louis Stevenson

“When I am grown to man's estate I shall be very proud and great. And tell the other girls and boys Not to meddle with my toys.”


I'm pretty sure my teenage self is kicking my adult self right now for not saying something like, "Run," "Say no," or "Are you going to to tell him about us?" when the guy sitting six inches away from me at lunch proposed to his girlfriend and she said nothing af first. It was kind of awkward because my friend Mark and I ended up in the pictures and we didn't even know them.

I would say that I am not so sure that a Pan-African restaurant in the company of friends is the appropriate venue for a proposal of marriage but I am in no position to cast stones since, unbeknownst to me, when I proposed there was large bird of prey ripping the entrails out of a small rodent right next to us along with a man taking pictures of the gruesome scene. If I read that in a book I would dismiss is as heavy-handed symbolism but I swear it's true.


Speaking of books, I am keeping myself busy with this today. http://iwl.me/. You just paste in a sample of your writing and it tells you who you write like. I am pretty sure it's a scam because my fiction has been compared to Stephen King, Chuck Palaniuk, Stephanie Meyer, James Joyce, and David Foster Wallace who I also apparently write like in my work e-mails. On the plus side, it did say my blog and Facebook posts read like PG Wodehouse which I take as compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment