Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quote of the Day: Jean Cocteau

"Since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking toward me, without hurrying."


My Fourth of July report will be your typical bad news / good news scenario. The bad news is that my wife was near death's door for most of it. The good news is that I finally got my new iPhone 4. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. The only bad thing is that I lost all record of any texts and calls that occurred between yesterday and June 14th. (I know it's not really a big deal but I like to compulsively save all my correspondence so my future biographers will have something to pore over. I never delete anything - not even the ones where I look like a jerk.)

Don't worry, the iPhone thing works out well for Stacey too since she gets my old one. I am quite proud of myself for finally converting her over to the dark side of "digital distractions." Her phone is pretty much useless right now anyway so it's for the best.

We had a pretty laid back Fourth. Since she wasn't feeling well and I got up way too early, we went to bed before the Fireworks started and I was okay with continuing my tradition of not going anywhere near crowds on the 4th.

We also had brunch at the Portage Bay Cafe for the first time, once again proving that organic food can be just as fatty and delicious as the regular stuff.

I did some manly things this weekend I need to brag about. I changed the locks on two doors after Stacey showed me how and I cooked animal flesh over a propane grill just like my ancestors used to.

Stay tuned for tomorrow when I'll tell you about the time we almost died and the time Stacey picked a fight with a homeless man.

2 comments:

  1. I will wait with bated breath for those next posts. I am still waiting for some pictures of the house. I know you said in your blog manifesto there would be very few pictures, but it seems a shame not to post some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are honestly days where your blog is the only good thing that happens to me. Or at least it seems that way. Is that sad? Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete