Friday, July 23, 2010

Quote of the Day: My Boss

"If there's one thing I learned in life it's never trust anyone who uses your name twice the first time they meet you."


Think about it. You know he's right.


Today, I realized I am still enough of a small-town rube to be a little awed by the fact that I was talking on the phone during a conference call to a guy located in Bangalore.


I ended a phone call today by thanking a guy for taking my call on a Friday afternoon and he responded with, "Don't worry about it. The alternative was worse." I have no idea what it means but I think it is now my personal slogan.


So, this week we implemented our first budget since buying our house and I am proud to announce that I lived within my budget this week with four cents to spare which is not too shabby considering that this week contained my first trip to the land of the $15 burger - AKA the Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard. It was worth every penny. (My personal allowance is for things like eating out at work, books, music, and trips to the store downstairs - in other words, all non-Stacey related entertainment.)


I am in the midst of waging a battle this week against my laptop's anti-virus because it insists on blocking The Seattle Times as a "dangerous website." Other than a new Big-Brother like authoritarian streak in my software that deems all knowledge dangerous, I can find no explanation. Very frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. My browser thinks that "Drowned in Sound" is a spam site. If it were literally doing that then I might agree, but it is only meant to be figurative I think.

    ReplyDelete