Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quote of the Day: Pearl Buck

"I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work."


I am not sure why but I haven't had much to say this week. Maybe it has something to do with being so worried about hitting quota. The summer is always a slow time in sales but things are finally starting to look up after a long month.

I have made some fun blunders at work this week. I e-mailed a guy about a project he was going to use us for next month like he told me to when we spoke two months ago. He e-mailed me right back and said all plans were off and he seemed a little put out. Apparently, his company announced that they were closing down his division a mere 27 minutes before I hit send on my email. Yeah, I looked like a real jerk. (I also kicked his dog and insulted his mother.) So feel free to use me as an example if you ever need to justify surfing the Internet at work.

I also sent a case study about how our solution can outperform everyone else's. It turns out we used his company as an example of what happens when you use our competitor's solution and get horrible performance. He seemed cool with it but I would not have sent it out if I had read it carefully and seen his company's name because it's just a little too confrontational. Curse you, Internet for ruining my attention span so much that I can't even read a five-page document all the way through. You can use me as an example for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment