Monday, July 19, 2010

Quote of the Day: Anita Brookner

"Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists."


I think I am losing my wife to a video game. We've never been very big video game people but she has been obsessed with Tetris ever since I gave her my old iPhone. It really is quite amusing because she plays and thinks about it a lot. If it gets too quiet in the house for too long, I know she is off somewhere playing Tetris. I think the whole thing is my fault because the first time she told me one of her first scores I expressed amazement that it was so much better than my highest score at my peak. She even admitted that knowing she was that much better than me is part of the attraction.

I am not too worried though because I know she'll come back to me. I liken her fling with Tetris to the brief but torrid affair I had with Scramboni when I first got my iPhone. Sure, we were very hot and heavy there for a while but the flame burned down to nothing but cold embers after just a few months.


Speaking of obsessions, I am obsessed with finding the Skillet truck http://www.skilletstreetfood.com/ but the universe is not cooperating with me. The thing moves around every day and they only publish two locations a week so it can be hard to catch. I had been trying for a while when I finally tracked it down to Pioneer Square Saturday afternoon but they were out of food when I got there. Curses.



PS
If you are curious why I am so obsessed with trying its gourmet street food let me share two words with you. "Bacon Jam." These two articles should also help.

http://mobile.seriouseats.com/2010/06/street-food-profiles-skillet-street-food-in-seattle-washington-wa.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+seriouseatsfeaturesvideos+%28Serious+Eats%29&utm_content=Google+Reader


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204456604574201934018170554.html

1 comment:

  1. Here's a gift idea for Stacey
    http://www.snorgtees.com/trainwreck-p-1183.html

    ReplyDelete