Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Quote of the Day: Anatole France

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."


Here's a fun one for you:

About a month ago, my co-worker came into work all excited because he just found out his extended family was having a reunion down in Texas over labor day weekend. He couldn't wait because, "You know those Mexicans know how to party." He was even more excited when he found really cheap airfare.

So anyway, we didn't think anything of it when he didn't show up to work yesterday because my boss said he was on PTO. We just assumed he was sick or something. However, all our illusions were put to rest this morning when he showed up to work and said, "Did you guys know Labor Day is next weekend?" Turns out, he got the wrong weekend and now "my family is mad at me and thinks I'm an idiot." I guess that explains the cheap airfare. His excuse is the best part, "I'm a busy person. I can't be bothered to know all this stuff."

On a more personal, triumphant note: I have now officially gathered all my wedding addresses together like a hen gathers her chicks and if rumor is to be believed they are being printed as we speak.


1 comment:

  1. I hope they will let him change is flight! The flower pictures were taken at the International Rose Gardens in Portland.

    ReplyDelete