Monday, September 28, 2009

Quote of the Day: Calvin Coolidge

"Never go out to meet trouble. If you will just sit still, nine cases out of ten someone will intercept it before it reaches you." For good or ill, Silent Cal was not our most energetic president.


I've started going to a new barbershop because it is close to my work. I think I shall continue going there because I'm sure in a couple weeks my hair will grow back and I will no longer look like the Marine's newest recruit.

It is located right on the edge of Pioneer Square so it's an interesting place. The manager is cool except for all the anal rules he has like, "No drinking or shooting up in the barbershop." "No passing out." I heard two interesting conversations there today.

Dirty Homeless Guy: "Got any magazines?"
Manager: "Sure. How about a Maxim?"
Homeless Guy: "Yeah. You know why? Because I love naked women."
Manager: "Don't we all?"


Later, a very confused and very large strung-out crackhead came in. He sat down in a chair without anyone telling him to and said, "I need a haircut.'
"Can you wait until after lunch?"
"Sure."
"You want to make an appointment?"
"I guess."
"I need your name."
"George," he said after several seconds because it was a very hard question.
"Come back at 5."
"Okay."
"See you then, George."
He then got up in the barber's face and said, "Hey, how'd you know my name?"
"You just told it to me."
"S---. I didn't tell you nothing."
"Seriously, you did. See you later."
He thought about for a long time and said, "Cool."
After he left, the barber said, "I have my doubts."
I said, "Yeah, you may want to write that one in pencil."
"That's why I always make the crazies take the five o'clock slot so I can go home early if they don't show up."

I guess I'll know what it means if I ever get the 5PM slot.

1 comment: