Friday, September 25, 2009

Quote of the Day: Jean Baudrillard

“Perhaps the world's second worst crime is boredom. The first is being a bore.”





My week was certainly not boring with a Pearl Jam concert, a gang of toughs surrounding my car while demanding money, and being the victim of a hit and run.



Some kids almost mugged me a few days ago up in Mountlake Terrace. It was right out in front of the house Stacey is currently staying at which scares me a little bit. When I walked out the house and saw a group of shapes lurking in the dark I knew I might be in trouble so I speedwalked to my car, locked the doors, and turned the music way up. I put the keys in the ignition as fast as I could but it wasn't fast enough because a gang of five or six kids in baggy pants surrounded the car before I could put it in the drive. One started knocking at my window and mouthing something but I pretended not to hear him which was why I'd turned my music up in the first place. Finally, he knocked so hard I had no choice but to acknowledge him. He said he wanted change, and then he wanted "whatever you have." These kids were the thuggish type so I had no doubt they were serious. I told them to go away but he kept knocking so I did what I had to do. I revved my engine and and stared straight ahead to let them know I meant business too. They finally grudgingly let me pass after I bluffed them enough to make them think I was hardcore enough to run them all over.


They hit and run was not half as traumatic but much more infuriating. I was in the turn lane when some dude side-wiped me and and kept going. Now my car looks so white-trash I feel obligated to get it fixed.


I am heading to Ephrata tomorrow for the weekend and with the way things are going I just hope I make it in one piece.

1 comment:

  1. Good Kurt will be gone hunting. Entertainment. If you hurry you can be here by 10am for Maggies soccer game, now that is entertainment at its best!

    And this is your sister not anonymous.

    ReplyDelete