Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quote of the Day: Nikolai Berdyaev

"There is a tragic clash between Truth and the world. Pure undistorted truth burns up the world."

The other day my boss whom I will call Rumpelstiltskin* called me on his day off and asked me who was in the office since tardiness has been a problem with a certain segment of the team for the past couple months. When I told him I was the only one, he told me to text him if nobody showed up by 8:30 and I agreed. (I hate to be a rat but a man's got to eat in this jobless recovery.)

So I let him know when the dreaded event transpired by texting, "I am still all alone."

The response I got back said, "Who is this and what are you talking about?" Turns out I had texted the wrong Rumpelstiltskin. Instead of my boss I had texted a former co-worker I hadn't talked to in over a year and a half.

After I told him who it was I had to reassure him that I was not having an existential crisis and was actually quite content with my life at the moment.

Well, I thought it was funny anyway.



Not his real name.*

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing. THIS IS GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, how do you have so many funny things happen to you?? Thanks for the good laugh.

    ReplyDelete