Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quote of the Day: Alain de Botton

"I will hate you till the day I die and wish you nothing but ill will in every career move you make. I will be watching with interest and schadenfreude."

I thought I'd post this quote because I've used quotes from de Botton before that weren't half as interesting. Apparently, some philosophers have very thin skin. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/5712899/Alain-de-Botton-tells-New-York-Times-reviewer-I-will-hate-you-until-I-die.html


Speaking of dying, I almost walked right into a horse this afternoon. I mean my face was literally 12-inches from his massive, quivering chest. I was sending a work email on my way to the Passport Office so I almost completely missed the mounted policeman. The officer's scowl seemed to imply that I should start paying better attention. I guess he has a point because you never know when you're going to run into livestock on the streets of Seattle. It's practically like living in Lonesome Dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment