Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quote of the Day: John Jay Chapman

"People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold."

My worries are over because I just hit my quota today. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it this month or not but I lucked out the past couple days. Not only am I glad because it means I'll have a job next month but it means that I've hit my quota for twelve straight months. That accomplishment is definitely going on my resume.

Speaking of resumes, I may need to update mine because I showed up late for a meeting and finally ran afoul of the person I will refer to as "The Head Guy" for my own protection. He's my boss's boss's boss so I really have very little interaction with him and for that I'm grateful because he's known for being a little scary. Our few interactions have been pretty positive because he loves me for putting up good numbers. That all changed yesterday when I showed up two minutes late for a meeting he was presenting at unbeknownst to me. I walked in and he told me to check my watch and that I was five minutes late and that was unacceptable. When everybody looked at me, I could tell it was with a touch of sadistic pleasure combined with a slight bit of relief that it wasn't them. Luckily, I restrained the urge to tell him I was only two minutes late instead of five. The other fortuitous stroke of luck was that four other people on my team were later than me.

In better news, I learned that the woman who runs the store downstairs purchased a certain kind of Vitamin Water just for me. I learned this when I walked by the second day in a row without buying anything and she yelled at me. She told me that inventory was my responsibility so I guess I better go back to buying one every morning so I don't send her to the poorhouse. I think I should get some kind of bulk discount though.

1 comment:

  1. Which kind of Vitamin Water? I've been buying one from her every morning and I may have you to thank...

    ReplyDelete