Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quote of the Day: Smashing Pumpkins

"My boredom has outshone the sun."


That would describe my job over the past two weeks. We're halfway through the month and I'm barely where I should be as far as quota goes. I'm not really talking to anybody. Nobody's picking up the phone and you can forget about in-bound leads. It's like all my prospects left for the 4th and never came back. I take solace in the fact that I am doing slightly less worse than everyone else on my team. Still, it'd be nice to be crushing them.

About the only customer response I've gotten in the last week goes a little something like this,
"Collin: I am currently on vacation. I would not be the right person for you to talk to and ___ already has a solution in place."
In other words, she can't talk to me, she's not the person to talk to anyway, and even if she was they don't need me anyway. Talk about the hat trick. Three-brush offs in one sentence must be a record. I emailed her back and told her that very thing. (Don't worry I did it with humor.)

I've mainly been entertaining myself by leaving strange messages on voicemails. My newest pitch starts out by saying, "I"m sure you're tired of sound of my voice. Don't worry I am too."

The ironic thing is that I have all this time for blogging and nothing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment