Monday, July 20, 2009

Quote of the Day: Wayne Dyer

“You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.”

I am now fully moved in; and by fully moved in I mean everything is unpacked. There is not a spare box anywhere. It looks like I've lived there for years minus the lack of mildew in the bathroom.

I am quite happy with the new place. The best thing about it is my new roommate because he's awesome and I can genuinely say he is one of the smartest people in the world. He is also a great humanitarian. Of course, I am referring to myself. This is the first time I've lived by myself since the womb so we'll see how it goes. It's been pretty good so far. The only thing I really miss is having no one right there to share every little nugget of wisdom I come up with.* I don't think the neighbors would work because they can always leave when I get too annoying. I think I need a more captive audience. I can't wait to have children so I can force them to listen to my sage advice and I will send them to the salt mines if they look less than enraptured with every word I say.

The only drawback about my new man-cave so far has been Metro. There are two buses that stop right by my house, but unfortunately, none of them will work because of scheduling issues. The fun thing is I learned that fact after I got on the bus this morning so I got to work at a weird time and will be getting home late after I swing through the bad part of town (AKA The U-district) on my new route. I'm sure it will be a fun place at about 3PM. Just let me know if you need any illegal drugs or weapons because I can pick them up on my way home. I really should have brought my sword to work.

On the good news side of my life, I have just purchased Pearl Jam tickets. I wonder who I shall take with me on September 21st? I think this will be my ninth or tenth Pearl Jam concert. I'm practically an honorary roady by now.

On a creepy note, I learned a new phrase today. Have a you ever heard of a V.I.D? It means very important death, typically one where you inherit lots of money. One of my co-workers who lives on the East Coast told me they use that in her circle all the time. Weird. Talk about different worlds. When I die, all I'm leaving my kids is a pile of books, a half-eaten bag of rice cakes, and a deep-seeded feeling of shame that they'll never live up to their old man.


*Ask me about my idea of using ugly people to help dating websites increase their market share.

No comments:

Post a Comment