Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quote of the Day: Jonathan Swift

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." I like this quote because I enjoyed the book Confederancy of Dunces and it describes my life perfectly.

Today I told I joke at lunch that must have been too sophisticated for everyone to get. My co-worker was talking about the L (elevated train) in Chicago and I said, "There is no L in Chicago."
"What do you mean?"
"There's no L in Chicago."
"Seriously?" By this time he was looking at me like I was an idiot.
"Yeah. C_H_I..."
He then proceeded to cover his face in shame and shake his head in sadness. I guess I'm just a little too highbrow for some people so my intellect embarrasses them.

No comments:

Post a Comment