Monday, July 6, 2009

Quote of the Day: The Smiths

"I started something I couldn't finish."


In the past six months, I've developed a walking habit. I like to take long walks where I can think, listen to tunes, and tell myself that I'm being healthy. Unfortunately, I've also developed the bad habit lately of forgetting that if I travel a mile before I rotate my body 180 degrees, I will have to walk another mile back home. This caused problems on the 4th when I walked 1.5 miles in 100 degree heat and forget to bring water and money to purchase goods and services such as water or piggy back rides. Yeah, it was kind of hot, so hot that we were tempted to run through strange sprinklers and drink water out of strange spigots. I was quite tired when I got back to my mom's house. On the plus side, I did feel slightly less guilty about eating so much Amish Friendship Bread. The whole thing kind of reminded me of the time my friends and I got so thirsty on a fishing trip that we drank water from something called the Winchester Wasteway which was not as bad as you would think. See, this is why I try never to get enthused about anything.


The 4th was nice other than the fact that I burned my thumb and the yard across the street from my mom's got on fire. Actually, both of those were kind of cool.


Today, I have been pondering my fate and asking myself what I ever did to get cast on the party planning committee at work. I wonder how many old ladies I have to help cross the street before I can be redeemed out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment