Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quote of the Day: Sigmund Freud

"He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore."


That pretty much describes me for the past month. I assume most of my readers are also my friend on Facebook but if not or you have better things to do than check my always witty status updates all day, I need to fill you in on some news. I got engaged last night to the lovely and very tolerant Stacey. We will be getting married October 17th in Seattle.

Anyway, we've both known for a while but we were waiting on the ring to make it official. I've had the hardest time keeping it a secret because I have no poker face when it comes to anything emotional. If you ever think I look ecstatic or despondent, I probably am. I realized I didn't do a very good job of keeping things covert last night when I had nobody to call and tell them the shocking news after we made it official. All I did is text a few select people with the message, "It's official." My favorite response back was, "Who is this?"

PS

See, Barbie, I found an appropriate quote.





1 comment:

  1. Yes you did! Though I'm not sure I'd want the word "betrayal" in my engagement quote. :) I guess it's a betrayal to secret keeping, so that's okay.

    Congrats again! Sounds like your future wife has been your best friend for a while (above posts). That's the only way to go. And stunning sapphire.

    ReplyDelete