Monday, April 6, 2009

Quote of the Day: Rilke

"Do not assume that he who seeks to comfort you now, lives untroubled among the simple and quiet words that sometimes do you good. His life may also have much sadness and difficulty, that remains far beyond yours. Were it otherwise, he would never have been able to find these words." This quote is always good to remember when you're given advice or words of comfort that seem overly simplistic.


I am now a fish, a marketable one.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/06/sainsbury-s-rename-pollack-colin-in-bid-to-sell-more-fish-115875-21256852/


I'm having a pretty long day. I've made eighty-two phone calls and talked to one person. I think I need a day off. Hopefully, it stays sunny until I can arrange that.


This week, I have decided to pull off my greatest heist yet. I am going to steal a conference chair because they are so much nicer than mine. Mine has no padding, is tilted at a funny angle, and is covered in fabric that could have come from a 1970's airline. The conference chairs are stuffed full of softness and goodness and covered in rich black leather. I figure I can pull it off because I get here before everyone else. The key is not to leave my old chair anywhere conspicuous. I don't think I'm stealing; besides, they'll never take me alive anyway.


Blogging will be light for a couple days, because I have an extraneous writing assignment I need to complete. I plan on reviewing the movie "Gran Torino" this week and explain why it is much more than a vehicle for Clint Eastwood to squint and say every racial slur in the book. I'm pretty sure he made some up too just like Shakespeare used to make up words.

No comments:

Post a Comment