Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quote of the Day: W. Somerset Maugham

"We are shocked when we discover that great men were weak and petty, dishonest or selfish, sexually vicious, vain or intemperate; and many people think it disgraceful to disclose to the public its heroes' failings. There is not much to choose between men. They are all a hopscotch of greatness and littleness, of virtue and vice, of nobility and baseness. Some have more strength of character, or more opportunity, and so in one direction or another give their instincts freer play, but potentially they are the same. For my part I do not think I am any better or any worse than most people, but I know that if I set down every action in my life and every thought that has crossed my mind the world would consider me a monster of depravity."


Well, whatever else you can say about me you can also say that I'm now officially 107lbs lighter than I was six months ago. (Now you know why we had to break up, Mountain Dew, my sweet green mistress.) That's right? One-Hundred-and-Seven pounds.

I hesitated blogging about this topic because bragging about weight loss seemed like such a feminine thing to do but I decided to go ahead with it anyway because I'm quite proud of myself. I was also concerned that all the hot chicks that read my blog would know I had a bit of a weight problem but then I realized that most of them are probably well aware of that fact. (Yes, I flatter myself that my blog is visited by hordes of beautiful women every day.)

I still have a ways to go. A few weeks ago, a friend asked me how much longer I was going to be on my weight loss kick. I said, "Until I get a hot girlfriend." She laughed and thanked my for my honesty. So there you go.

4 comments:

  1. Am I the friend you told that to, because you told me that too. You should "brag" about this. Im so impressed and proud of you. Im glad you joined up and stuck with it. Now to get you to buy clothes that fit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING! I saw a pic on Anna's blog from easter. I'm going to pretend I'm one of the many "hot chicks" who frequent your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome Collin, I'm so proud of you! That is hard work. I love your honest answer to your weight loss goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collin, that's fantastic; way to go! You have definitely earned bragging rights. Keep it up...you're doing an amazing job. And I love the quote too.

    ReplyDelete