Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quote of the Day: Samuel Beckett

"Where I am, I don't know, I'll never know, in the silence you don't know, you must go on, I can't go on, I'll go on."

That's pretty much how I feel about the performance review I have to write this week. That thing is supposed to be four pages long. I even have to come up with five-year career goals which is tough because I can't even imagine what my life will be like in five years. So far the only goal I have is: "Don't end up in a Turkish prison."

I am of the firm belief that the performance review process should be ended not mended. I read one article in the Wall Street Journal about them so now I'm pretty much an expert. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122426318874844933.html



Today, I learned that my office is a much more Darwinian environment than I could have ever imagined. Here's an actual conversation from today.

Me: "Curses. Somebody ate the only Cadbury Egg."
Co-Worker: "You mean the creme one?"
Me: "Yes."
Co-Worker: "I ate it and I don't even like Cadbury Eggs."
Me: "Why did you eat it then?"
Co-Worker: "Because it was the biggest piece of candy so I figured everybody else wanted. That's just how I was raised."
Me: "Apparently, Redmond is a much tougher town than I thought."

Don't worry, I shall have my revenge.


Today at work, I had to place a call to the Executive Vice President of the Mortgage Securitization Division at Fannie Mae. Apparently, he is now longer there. I guess there was some kind of scandal about him ruining the country that necessitated his departure. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment