Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Quote of the Day: Charles Scultz (Charlie Brown)

“I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.” It's funny how as a child I never realized how depressing the comic strip Peanuts was. I don't think anybody does.

I've been thinking about dread today because I need to invent a new word that describes the unique feeling that overtakes one as soon as he realizes he's just made the fatal move that will lead to his destruction in the game of Tetris. As soon as you make it you know it, and there's nothing you can do but watch in mute horror as everything you've ever worked for is taken from you. Or until the words "Game Over" flash on the screen.


PS
Blogger has just lost major awesomeness points with me because its spell-checker does not recognize the word Tetris.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say this, but you mispelled the author's name. It should be Schultz with an h. I only know this because I had a friend in high school whose mother was somehow vaguely related to him.

    ReplyDelete