Monday, June 8, 2009

Quote of the Day: Marilynne Robinson

"Which is the loveliest word, the loveliest letter? I believe I may have known that these are the kinds of almost idle questions one poses to oneself when a night seems to be unending, when the weight of sorrow is so great as to be dangerous."

Marilyn Robinson wrote the novel Gilead which may be the best novel about religion I've ever read.


You know what happens when you sing along to your iPod on your morning walk? People mock. Luckily, I wasn't listening to an air-guitar worthy song at the time.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm behind on your blog, and just caught up. I love the last paragraph. It made me laugh at the thought of you doing this. I have a hard time just singing in the car, fearing the mocking I'd receive.

    ReplyDelete