Monday, June 15, 2009

Quote of the Day: Rainer Maria Rilke

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."


I ended someone's life last night and I don't feel completely in the right about it. I ran into a suicidal opossum last night. He threw himself under my car and then jumped right up into the engine. I'm not sure what was going on his life but I'm sure he felt like he had a good reason. I like to think it was something poetic like the rodent's answer to Romeo and Juilet. I do feel bad even though I have repeatedly claimed that possums are the Spawn of Satan. I mean seriously, have you ever stared directly into their beaty little eyes? There as red as the fires of hell and almost as hypnotic. I don't think I'll ever forget that sound though.

Anyway, onto less gruesome news. I ran across a guy at work today who had never heard of Cinnamon Toast Crunch even once in his life. The whole thing is just so tragic because I'm not even sure you can call that a life. Rilke would be so disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the poor opossum. I hope that it's mate really did die and they are having a joyful reunion.

    Someone who hasn't ever heard of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is sad. They must have never watched TV and seen the commercials for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When were you last hypnotized by the fires of hell?

    ReplyDelete