Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quote of the Day: H. L. Mencken

“The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.”

For instance, I should be wise enough to know that I am too old to stay out a concert until 1AM when I have to start work at 6AM the next morning, but alas, I am not. I am too tired too write much of anything. This is actually turning into quite a busy week for me so I can't promise any great writing this week, which I guess changes absolutely nothing.

I did learn something this weekend courtesy of Yahoo that I have to share with you. Apparently: my name is Fidelity Underwood, I am a woman seeking a man, my nickname is wildchild69, I have bleach-blond hair, and my main interests are partying and having a good time. I'm flattered and a little creeped out that a company that's never meant knows me better than my loved ones. Yahoo appears to be trying to compete with Facebook by setting up some kind of social networking website and since I have an email account with them they set up a default profile for me with pictures and everything so thus was born Fidelity Underwood. I do have to say I am a little hurt because my profile sat there for a week without a single man even so much as winking at me and I looked all right in a trashy woo-girl* sort of way even if my fake tan was a little overdone. Although, it could be a real tan since I live in Arizona.

Yes, I deleted it.

*http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woo+girl

2 comments:

  1. I would give living as Fidelity Underwood a week and see if it works out for you! You never know...could be entertaining or for that matter, life changing! Care to share a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider "woo-girl" officially added to my daily vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete